A KU grad's journey in the Big Apple.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

etsy explorations: mad about macaroons

Last summer, I tried my very first french macarons at the Bastille Day Festival in New York City. They were from Macaron Cafe. One was vanilla flavored and the other was rose. My life was instantly changed and macarons are now a staple in my diet.

Some of the mouth-watering flavors at Macron Cafe. Did you know that most macrons are gluten free?!


If I want delicious macarons in Kansas City, there are two places that, in my opinion, serve the best: Andre's (try the vanilla, or pumpkin in the fall) and Natasha's (the Mexican chocolate is to die for!)

Not only are macaroons delicious, but they are also beautiful works of edible art. Here are some not-so-edible macaroon trinkets to celebrate your macaroon obsession, minus the calories!

Keep Calm Macaroon print by Esquize.

This is a pretty good motto to have. If you're having a stressful moment, pop a macaroon and you'll instantly feel fabulous. 

Earrings by Pei Li.

These earrings are a subtle way to tell the world that you have macaroons on your mind. All day. Every day.

Eiffel Tower coin purse by qiqikoko.
This macaroon coin purse is so sweet and French!

Soaps by Aubrey Elizabeth Apothecary. 

These lovely macaroon soaps are scented so they look and smell like the real thing. I probably wouldn't taste one, though! 

Macaroons are heavenly, but they are notoriously expensive because they are very difficult to make and super trendy right now. I've always wanted to try to make them, but haven't been brave enough to try it yet. Here's a handy tool and a recipe for anyone who wants to try it. Let me know how it goes!

Have you ever made French macaroons? If so, comment about your experience or link me the recipe, please! 

No comments:

Post a Comment