A KU grad's journey in the Big Apple.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

A wondrous weekend...part 2

Hello again! I am very behind on blogging! I've been doing some amazing weekend things, so expect some posts soon. Definitely seeing a different side of NYC, which is even better than the tourist version most people are familiar with.

BUT back to my touristy weekend with Drew!

Monday July 4th (I said I was behind!) was Drew's last full day in the city :( but, as always, we had a blast being the dorky couple we are. (See previous post... highlight of the day was Nintendo store? Yeah, dorks.)

Because we couldn't go to the American Museum of Natural History (ps living in NYC has taught me how to spell museum) we went on Monday. Thankfully, it was much less crowded.

Drew is studying geology to be an earth, space and science high school teacher, so when he heard about the AMNH, he was pretty thrilled about going. We had the best time seeing dinosaur fossils, studying Asian artifacts, something we're both very passionate about, and looking at all the animal exhibits. Drew even taught me a thing or two about geology! I like having a smart boyfriend.
Drew and the Teddy Roosevelt statue outside of the American Museum of Natural History. Ok, this one was taken the day before when the museum was totally crowded!

It's Amie Young! In case you didn't know, she's my pet dinosaur...it's a long story.
RAWRRRR

Drew loves turtles!

Celeb sighting a la Night in the Museum!

Drew was able to tell me all about this tablet because he learned about it in his ancient and mid-evil art history class. So naturally, I had to go find some Asian art I could tell him about!

Drew with a gem. What a geology nerd!

So big, you can't even count the rings!

If you go to the museum, make sure you give yourself at least 4 hours. It's HUGE! It's also pay as you wish, which means free in New Yorker... although we paid the $12 student price, because it was our first time (well I went when I was a youngin)

After our museum date, we met AJ and MB at TJ's to buy our picnic for the Martha Stewart 4th of July rooftop party! We had a scrumptious meal of wine, cheese, fruit and candy! It was a very Martha picnic!

My beautiful friends and I. We all wore red, white and blue!

This is where I work. Isn't it incredible? The Starrett-Lehigh building is kind of in the middle of nowhere, but it's so incredible, and the views are breath taking, so it's worth it!

Enjoying the picnic, being adorable.
Feast!

Italian meats, baguettes, and delicious cheese, including a fantastic blueberry goat cheese, I'd been dying to try. We have good taste.

So happy I could share this wonderful day with Drew.

Martha employees know how to party! I eat lunch up here with AJ almost every day.

After sunset the Macy's fireworks began! You can see them all over the city and in Brooklyn.
Um, yeah. Fail!

The display was incredible!
Happy Independence Day! Love, NYC

It was hard to see Drew leave on Tuesday, but we had a blast together. It was amazing being to show him the city through my eyes, and I hope he loved it as much me, because we're obvi going to live here some day. :)


1 comment: