A KU grad's journey in the Big Apple.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Mail Monday!

Here's the mail it never fails, it make me wanna wag my tail, when it come I wanna wail MAILLLLLLLLLL! -Steve, Blues Clues

Today I received three packages in the mail! After not receiving any mail all summer, and then maybe complaining about it... I have received more mail than ever in the last two weeks!

Care packages from my family and good friend Crystal! This made my day!

Who doesn't love a surprise? I opened my packages with Chessie on the phone. :)

The damages.

EASY MACCCCC
Some NYC stationary. Also, the Tupperware is filled with Chessie's new favorite snack she had to share with me, Nutella and Oreos!

Crystal sent me gifts from her time abroad in Italy. A lovely bracelet from Firenze (so me, I'm obsessed!) and some Love Therapy, Gnome lip balm. Crystal is one of my very closets and friends, and she knows very well that lips balm, gnomes and love therapy are three of my favorite things!

Goodies!

A letter from Chessie, sneakily hit in an NYC water bottle!

The adorable New York kitchen set my mom found at Target in KANSAS of all places!

All this marvelous mail got me thinking of all the postcards I've been collecting and using as decorations in my NYC dorm room.


The postcard of the old photograph of the couple is from my meal with Drew at Mogador, and the painting of the mailman with the exceptional beard is my very favorite Van Gogh, which I saw at the MoMa.

Girl with a long tongue was found at the Bastille Day Festival, the Brooklyn one and the one below it are actually business cards from a print shop in Park Slope, and the one below those is from a memorable night at a secret club we found on Ludlow St.

I loved seeing Starry night at the MoMa and the Alexander McQueen exhibit at the Met. But most importantly, the holographic Disney princess postcard is from my best friend Amie! She got in while in Florida. And guess what? Amie is coming to visit me this weekend! We have an excellent time planned, I can hardly wait!

Some lovely couples. Forbidden Planet and a print shop.

Here are some well-wishing cards I've received! The top one is from the rents and the bottom two are from Drew's mom, Staci! <3 You guys are the sweetest!


Thanks for all the postal love guys, I can tell this is going to be a wonderful week! Miss you all and love you!

What's the best thing you've received via post?

No comments:

Post a Comment